Saturday, December 21, 2013

Carried away at Buddakan

One of the restaurants I had the opportunity to eat at in New York is Buddakan. It is the engagement party restaurant in the Sex and the City movie. My friends and I have been a fan of the Sex and the City series for a long time, because we  identified with the characters and the sisterhood like so many other people in the world.

The long table that they used for the engagement  dinner for the scene.



The food was delicious, service was great, but we had to wait a long time for a table even though we had made reservations. On the side note, we got free drinks and a side out of it. I thought that the price was quite reasonable compared to what I was expecting.

Here is what we ate at Buddakan.

Edamame dumplings on the house

Devilled Tuna Tartare

Pork Scallion Pancakes

Lemon Chicken

Mapo Tofu

Chinese Sausage Fried Rice

My favourite dish was the edamame dumplings and the tuna tartare. I think I may attempt to make edamame dumplings at home when I get the chance!

Here's the link to the "man who got Carried away" scene if you are unfamiliar with the scene.

bisous,
mooncake



No comments:

Post a Comment